What is not allowed on HandMadeCrafts.ie?
Basically, anything illegal is not allowed. However, there are some items which, while legal to sell, buy or trade, are not permitted to be advertised on this site.
- Weapons / ammunition / explosives / fireworks / hazardous materials of any kind.
- Animals of any kind.
- Baby food.
- Beer Kegs and beer taps, coolers etc. These remain the property of the brewers
- Calor Gas cylinders.
- Cigarette or nicotine replacements.
- Diet pills and gels.
- Digital currency trading is prohibited.
- Domain names. Because of the legal complexities regarding the sale of domain names and the potential for trademark or copyright infringement, the sale of Internet domain names is prohibited.
- Prong or choke collars.
- Garda speed meter detectors. These are illegal.
- Hate materials.
- ID cards of any kind (Government IDs, college IDs, birth certificates, etc).
- Illegal drugs and paraphernalia.
- Illegal items. Items advertised on HandMadeCrafts.ie must adhere to all applicable laws. This includes the trade/sale of items by individuals outside the Republic of Ireland and the EU. Some items that may not be sold include: Stocks and securities, lottery tickets, illicit drugs, prescriptive devices and drugs, lock-picking devices, smart cards, and any product which may lead to the production of an illegal item or illegal activity.
- Illegal services of any kind. This includes services provided by individuals outside the Republic of Ireland and the EU.
- IMEI blocked Phones.
- Internet Service Provider Equipment. Some equipment supplied to you from an internet service provider (ISP) remains the ISP’s property and must be returned to them on termination of a contract. Some examples of this type of equipment are Irish Broadband’s RipWave or Digiweb’s HomeWave.
- Irish Broadband Ripwave units.
- Irish Defence Forces Uniforms.
- Items that infringe upon an individual’s privacy. We hold personal privacy in the highest regard. Therefore, items that infringe upon, or have potential to infringe upon, an individual’s privacy are prohibited. Additionally, the sale/trade of marketing lists (bulk e-mail lists, direct-mail marketing lists, etc.) is prohibited.
- Laser pointers > 5mW no greater than Class IIIa.
- Methylated spirits.
- NTL/UPC Equipment. Resale of these is against UPC terms of service.
- Offensive material. We reserve the right to determine the appropriateness of profiles created on HandMadeCrafts.ie. Also, be aware of cultural differences and sensitivities. Some items may be acceptable to some people, but unacceptable to others. Please be careful to post items that are appropriate for our global community.
- Order of Malta uniforms. They are a charitable organisation and only rent out the uniforms to their members. These can’t be sold.
- Pirated software.
- Pirated video games.
- Pornography / erotic items / material.
- Prescription drugs and medical devices. Please note that the Medicinal Products (Prescription and Control of Supply) Regulations expressly prohibit the supply of any medicinal product, no matter which category it’s in, by mail order. Furthermore, the Regulations define mail order so as to include the use of electronic means to transmit an order. Even a pharmacy or a pharmacist can’t sell through the internet in this country.
- Promotional media. Movies, CD’s, software, books (including advance reading copies and uncorrected proofs), etc., that are produced and distributed for promotional use only are prohibited for sale through this site.
- Recopied / Pirated media.
- Replicas of trademarked items.
- Sectarian or ethnic offensive materials are prohibited.
- Second hand underwear.
- Stolen goods. If we learn that an item listed is not the property of the crafter, or was obtained through illegal means, we will lock the item and delete any inappropriate information. We may also pass on any appropriate information to the proper authorities.
- Television programs. Copies of television programs, including pay-per-view events, are prohibited. Commercially produced and licensed copies of television programs are permitted. Unauthorized television programs and programs never broadcast, unauthorised scripts, unauthorised props, and screeners are prohibited.
- Tobacco, wine and other alcoholic beverages.
- Used safety equipment.
- WiMAX Equipment.
Any items found containing any of the above will be removed and the seller will face a warning / ban.
This is not a comprehensive list (and due to the nature of the site, we will never be able to have a comprehensive list). It should be a guide as to what is or is not permitted. Our Moderators and Administrators have the final say on what items are permitted.
We reserve the right to edit or delete items from our site at anytime and without prior notice.